jt's treehouse

When a boy says he "needs a clubhouse," he needs a clubhouse! Two sturdy oaks later- with assists from family and friends (ifriends, too!)- this clubhouse should have this dad up a tree...and just in time, too!

Friday, June 02, 2006

Ace- The Helpful Place...

Frustrated in our hunt thus far for wire rope and turnbuckles,I stopped by the Greenlawn Hardware Company Wednsday to see if anyone their might be able to point us to a local provider. Joe took my name and number and said that he would ask around and get back to me if he had any luck. I left with a good feeling about Joe.

Sure enough, come Wednsday evening I arrive home from work to find a messageon the machine from Joe asking that I call him back. Too late for that, I figured I would stop by the store this morning, Friday before work.

It turns out Joe had checked in with some guys at a construction outfit located behind the store. One of them who was perusing a trade magazine by the name of "Rock & Dirt" at the time..."Rock & Dirt!"...flipped through a few pages before tearing out one and handing it over to Joe.

Bingo!
Wire Rope Slings made to order! And by the looks of all else advertised on their page, they just might carry turnbuckles, too.

We're sure hoping so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home