jt's treehouse

When a boy says he "needs a clubhouse," he needs a clubhouse! Two sturdy oaks later- with assists from family and friends (ifriends, too!)- this clubhouse should have this dad up a tree...and just in time, too!

Monday, April 03, 2006

"This is Michael..."

On vacation the rest of the week, and unable to wait any longer, I decided to call the Out 'n' About Treesort after work today in an effort to speak with Michael and order the hardware we needed.

It sounded like a busy enough place when I called around 5:00PM Pacific time. There was that sort of buzz that takes hold in the voices of people who really believe in and enjoy what they are doing, even if things get a little hectic. I told the young lady who answered the phone that I was attempting to reach Michael to place an order, and that we had exchanged a couple of emails. She put me right through to him.

"This is Michael..." he began our conversation, in a calm, unassuming manner that belied his celebrity in the treehouse community. After apologizing for not responding to my emails, and explaining that they were forwarded to the wrong inbasket by one of his helpers, he took the time to listen to all of my concerns.

Michael also gave me the specifics for the turnbuckles in question. (see Footballguys thread- Kudos, Pony Boy!) I would need 1/2" x 9" hook-eyes for the cantilevers and he suggested how to run the necessary eyebolts through my main beams. He also directed me to Fastenal for all of my hardware needs outside of what he was supplying.

I went ahead and ordered:
  • 2 regular GLs for support below the treehouse
  • 2 short GLs to anchor the cantilever cables
  • 1 GL bit
  • 1 fixed beam bracket
  • 1 sliding beam bracket
Michael took all the info himself and told me what to look for in my email. The order will be going out tomorrow so I should expect delivery before the end of the week.

Oooh, we're comitted now alright!

1 Comments:

At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home